You are currently browsing the monthly archive for April 2011.
Travelling around to different places can be an exciting experience; however, it can also be costly. With today’s economy, you might find yourself unable to come up with the cash to travel to the places that you want to go. One solution to this problem is to find ways to make some extra money, so that you can afford to travel. Here are some of the ways that you can make money to take a much needed vacation.
1. Sell personal items online: You probably have CDs, books or other things just lying around your house that you never use. You can sell these items on sites, such as Amazon.com, E-bay, Yahoo Shopping or Half.com. CraigsList.org is also a popular site for bigger items, such as furniture. Other options are selling it on your own personal ecommerce store. Many companies will pay you 75 percent or more to sell your things on their site. You can make a good deal of many by selling your belongings online; therefore, you will have more money to travel.
2. Invest: With investments, such as penny stocks, you can make money even with the market is down. These types of stocks cost less than $5 and managed independently, so they are traded outside of the main stocks. Even though they are a high risk investment, they can suddenly double or triple their worth. You can also invest money with Dividend Reinvestment Plans, an index fund or Forex Trading. With investing, you will be able to make the money you need to afford to travel.
3. Create a website: One effective way to make money to travel is a build your own website. You need to create your website around a topic that you enjoy and that has the ability to earn you money. Be creative, and make your site attractive to visitors, so that they will want to tell their friends. You should join an affiliate program, and look for products that you would like to sell. You can make a great deal of money by doing this.
4. Re-write ads online: There are many ads on e-bay or CraigsList that are not written well. Many sellers will offer a 1 percent commission for you to re-write the ad, and the money can really ad up if you write lots of ads.
5. Recycle: If you drink lots of soda, consider saving your cans. You can also look for cans by the side of the road or in trash cans. Sometimes, you can get up to 10 cents for each can that you recycle. If you collect a good number of cans, you will be able to make extra money.
6. Freelance writing: If you like to write, there are many websites online that will pay you money to write articles. You can contact newspapers, magazines or other types of writing publications to see who needs writers. You will need to be persistent and be patient when doing this.
They always say that a penny saved is a penny earned. In order to make money, so that you can travel, you need to find ways year-round to make money, and then make sure that you are saving it. You might want to go to London, Paris, New York or Miami. Traveling will be much less stressful and more enjoyable if you do not have to worry about expenses. Therefore, find ways to make money, so that you can afford to travel to fantastic places around the world.